Thursday, March 3, 2011

"You are the reason they make crappy reality TV shows."

     This is what my husband says to me if he walks through the room and I'm watching one.  While I'd certainly like to think that I'm important enough that all of the networks that air my favorite crappy reality shows do it just for me, I'm fairly certain that's not true.  I mean I'm awesome, but I don't think I'm quite that awesome.

     I love crappy reality TV shows.  I don't watch it to boost my IQ.  I don't watch it to gain insight into how to improve my life.  Sometimes I just want to be entertained.  Sometimes I just want to see NeNe Leakes say, "Bloop, bloop, bloop!" or see how fierce the new models vying for America's Next Top Model are.  It's enjoyable to me.  It doesn't have to be enjoyable to everyone.  That's why there are eleventy billion channels with eleventy billion shows.  It's rare that I complain about a football fan being the reason they put crappy football games on TV.  Let's be realistic, even the trashiest reality show star probably has more moral fortitude in their fist pumping hand than most professional athletes have in their whole body.  They definitely have more than 99.9% of politicians.

      I watch the majority of my reality tv when no one else is here.  I'm generally doing something else while I'm watching it.  As I'm typing this post, I'm watching Jo Frost lay the smackdown on a dad who doesn't help his wife around the house.  I don't generally force anyone else to suffer through my guilty little pleasure.  So hand me the remote and bring on the Housewives!

No comments:

Post a Comment